Benefits of Tutoring
- Remedial assistance to students who are struggling to “keep up” with mainstream academic expectations (students who fall below national benchmarks in literacy and numeracy),
- Enrichment purposes by academically able students who are seeking to capitalise on their abilities (students who want to excel – selective schools, scholarships etc.),
- Effective remedial intervention for students with unique learning difficulties helping them achieve their learning outcomes.
Our tailored tutoring programs involve:
- Diagnostic assessment to design each student’s program
- Setting realistic goals to target student’s needs
- Building on individual student’s strengths and weaknesses
- Building student’s self esteem, confidence and enthusiasm to learn further
- Motivational strategies – reward-based learning, sticker system rewards (for younger students), enthusiasm and praise for good work
- Transparent monitoring of the learning progress – use of log books, running records (to assess a student’s oral reading proficiency), preparation of reports to parents on student’s progress
- Hands on learning methods – for examples tangible materials, objects, crosswords, computer-based learning strategies
- Behavioural corrections – positive reinforcement used to correct undesirable behaviour
- Our literacy and numeracy tutoring programs are based on the latest research-based methods in both mainstream education and Special Education.
- We pride in using effective empirically-based solutions and Applied Behaviour Analysis to tackle problems in Special Education.
- We offer computer-based teaching methods to enhance the learning experience.